My dream for a long time was to build a website to be able to impregnate it with my discoveries, inventions, and all the things that involves computers, technology, and hardware stuff. This site is based on these ideals and it aims to provide information to all the people who loves technology and computer science, with an additional care for all the Spanish-speaking people.
I studied Civil Computer Engineering in the Universidad de Talca, Curicó, Chile.
In a bit more personal matters, I can tell you that I really like music from Epica, ACDC, Bob Dylan, Van Halen, Dream Theater, Avalanch, Sonata Arctica, Nightwish, Within Temptation, Xandria, Rhapsody of Fire, Angelzoom, Mozart, Mahler, Vivaldi, Haendel, Satie among many other groups and composers. I love series like SouthPark, Family Guy, Breaking Bad and The Simpsons. I especially remember movies like Equilibrium, Gattaca, Matrix and The Butterfly Effect. Related to books: The secret Solitaire and F2F, by Phillip Finch are my most memorable readings, but the truth is that the books are not my passion.
Feel free to enjoy the contents and articles of my website.
About the author:
- I handle several programming languages, and usually love to learn new stuff: Visual Basic, VBA, C#, Java, C, C , PHP, MySql, Flash (ActionScript), Basic, among others.
- I like hardware devices, and their software: SmallBasic MobileVB UserRPL, HP PPL, basic assembler.
- I handle almost any popular software suite: Photoshop, Flash, Dreamweaver, Visual Studio, Eclipse, Netbeans, Office, among others.
- Late 2008, my blog (this page) was chose among the top 50 technology blogs by HP and Microsoft. I received USD $6000 in HP and Microsoft software products to review.
- Got 6th and 3rd place (year 2005 and 2007 respectively) in the national programming contest ran by the ACMrepresenting my University.
- I am certified expert in Microsoft Windows operating systems.
- I am certified advanced 2 (825 points) in English test TOEIC, November 2007.
- At the end of the year 2008, working with two friends, I went to a contest with a robot designed by us to compete in a robot competition that took place in Universidad del Bío-bío. This robot used a Netbook as brain, something pretty uncommon for the time.
- I worked for two year as assistant checking guidelines and helping with formats in "The Journal of Theoretical and Applied Electronic Commerce Research", JTAER a SciELO scientific journal.
- I translated into spanish: IEPro (http://www.ie7pro.com), Inline Search (http://www.ieforge.com), Registry Workshop (http://www.torchsoft.com) and Lanapsoft Captcha Bot (http://es.captcha.biz).
- I worked as tester of the Spanish version of Windows 7 (eslabeta), sending more than 50 corrections to the development team.
- You can find a lot more of my work, with examples of small open source applications like the available here.
- In December 2009 I got second place at the national level with a invention in an energy innovation contest organized by Transelec and Casa de la paz.
- The year 2010 I worked in the Universidad de Talca, with other people in a project called BIOSIS.
- At the end of 2010 and early 2011, LG Electronics selected my invention for a presentation of an efficient house that traveled through my country, LG gave me funds to help me to build more cool stuff.
- Between the years 2011-2012, BIOSIS was renamed to Xentinelas Xelulareswhere I worked as a programmer.
- In the middle of 2013 I reviewed the book 3D Printing Blueprints, by Joe Larson.
- Late 2013, I asked for a grant to CORFO Maulewhich was awarded, and the development of the invention will began in 2014.
- There are more examples of my work online, for example my Youtube Channelmy 3d designssome of my projects on GitHub and of course in my site.
About the website
The previous version of this site was made from scratch in PHP, for the purpose of learning. This version can be accessed from the menu Contact / previous Version.
This current version uses WordPress as base and the following widgets and plugins:
P3 (Plugin Performance Profiler)
» GoDaddy.com (URL)
See which plugins are slowing down your site. Create a profile of your WordPress site’s plugins’ performance by measuring their impact on your site’s load time.
» Viper007Bond (URL)
Easily post syntax-highlighted code to your site without having to modify the code at all. Uses Alex Gorbatchev’s SyntaxHighlighter. TIP: Don’t use the Visual editor if you don’t want your code mangled. TinyMCE will “clean up” your HTML.
Transposh Translation Filter
» Team Transposh (URL)
Translation filter for WordPress, After enabling please set languages at the the options page Want to help? visit our development site at trac.transposh.org.
UpdraftPlus - Backup/Restore
» UpdraftPlus.Com, DavidAnderson (URL)
Backup and restore: take backups locally, or backup to Amazon S3, Dropbox, Google Drive, Rackspace, (S)FTP, WebDAV & email, on automatic schedules.
Web Ninja Comment Count Fixer
» Josh Fowler (URL)
Checks the number of comments a post has and compares them to the comment count and fixes the count if the count is wrong. Can be manually checked by the click of a button or set on a timer to do it automatically.